for Those Who Dismiss
the Validity of
Future Bible Prophecy
article by Jonathan Brentner
“My prayer is that the following
dozen questions and my brief
answers to them will encourage you.
Our joyous hope in Jesus’appearing
[in the clouds] to take us to heaven
before the seven-year Tribulation
has its roots deep in the promises
God made to Israel long, long ago.”
— Jonathan Brentner
1. HAS GOD RENEGED ON HIS COVENANT OF THE LAND WITH THE PATRIARCHS?
👉 God’s covenant of the Land with Israel remains in effect today. It’s impossible for Him to renege on the solemn oath He swore to Abraham in Genesis 15:12-21.
2. WHEN DID GOD CLEANSE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL FROM ALL THEIR SINS AND PUT HIS HOLY SPIRIT IN THEM?
👉 When did the Lord fulfill the promises to Israel that He recorded in Ezekiel 34:22-31 after the Lord’s ascension? He hasn’t done so, but will do so in the future.
3. WHEN DID THE ISRAELITES REPENT AS RECORDED IN ZECHARIAH 12:10-13:1?
👉 These words surely await a future awakening of Israel, the one Paul refers to in Romans 11:25-36.
4. WHEN DID JESUS RULE OVER THE NATIONS FROM JERUSALEM?
👉 The reign of Christ as described in Zechariah 14:9-21 has not yet happened. [ … ] Since all of Zechariah’s predictions regarding the first coming of Jesus happened precisely according to the words in the text, what’s the justification for applying symbolical meanings to specific words not yet fulfilled? There is none!
5. WHEN DID GOD “MAKE AN END OF SINS” AND “BRING IN EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS?”
👉 Since these words remain unfulfilled to this day, God must still have a purpose for both His “people,” and “holy city.”
6. WHEN DID THE SEVENTIETH WEEK OF DANIEL OCCUR?
👉 Either Paul was mistaken about the defilement of the Jewish temple by the antichrist or the fulfillment of the Daniel 9:27 will happen in the future during what we call the seven-year Tribulation.
7. WHEN DID JESUS RULE OVER THE NATIONS WITH A “ROD OF IRON.”
👉 Does Jesus rule in such a way over the church? Absolutely not; the Apostle Peter refers to Him as our “chief Shepherd” (1 Peter 5:4). Jesus “nourishes and cherishes” His church (Ephesians 5:29), He does not rule with a “rod of iron” over His own body.
8. DID GABRIEL MISLEAD MARY WHEN HE TOLD HER SHE WOULD BE THE MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH?
👉 I believe the words of Gabriel to Mary, as recorded in Luke 1:32-33 confirm the literalness of all the prophet’s words in Isaiah 9:6-7.
9. WHEN DID GOD BREAK THE FIXED ORDER OF NATURE?
👉 Jeremiah records the Lord’s unalterable pledge to Israel’s continuance as a nation in 31:35-36:
10. WHEN DID DAVID RULE OVER ISRAEL AFTER THE BABYLONIAN CAPTIVITY?
👉 The Lord will establish an everlasting “covenant of peace” with Israel at the time of David’s [future] reign over Israel.
11. WHEN DID THE “GREAT TRIBULATION” OCCUR
👉 Daniel’s 70th Week (Daniel 9:24-27) awaits a future fulfillment
12. WHY DID THE DISCIPLES STILL EXPECT A FUTURE RESTORATION OF A KINGDOM FOR ISRAEL?
👉 Four years ago, I wrote a post titled, The Expectation of the Disciples [as to] why the disciples’ question in Acts 1:6, along with Jesus’ response to it, verifies a still future restored kingdom of Israel.
One thought on “12 Questions for Those Who Dismiss the Validity of Future Bible Prophecy | Jonathan Brentner”
Thank you. Simple to understand.
LikeLiked by 1 person